A Blog Promise Kept
In 2007, I promised that if I ever turned up my old photo album, I'd show everyone a 1982 picture of 4 guys taking their air band very seriously. Behold Steve, yours truly, Rege, and Doug. We're rocking out as we did nearly every night after dinner freshman year in Doug's room in Hamilton Hall with the stereo blasting. I have written on the back of the photo that the song is "Long Time" by Boston. Sometimes we did "More Than A Feeling" for variety. None of us actually played any of those instruments except Rege. But I probably didn't need to tell you that. You can tell that he is a guitar god by the face that he makes when he's laying into a seriously sick and painful bent 15th-fret note. Notice the "Solidarnosc" t-shirt which was all the rage back then. Rege's story since college is unknown to me. Doug was a dead ringer for Springsteen and hosted an awesome New Year's party with his soulmate Terri at the end of 1986. In 1987 Steve was the best man at the wedding of Your Humble Bloggist and Official Aloha Partner. Steve is also one half of the most awesome tale of interrupted-but-inevitable high school international love that was meant to be of anyone I know. But you'll have to ask him about that yourself.

No comments:
Post a Comment