Here are a few odds and ends. Blog housekeeping, I guess
August 19, 2007

This past week we visited the Official Med School Alma Mater of Your Humble Bloggist. I was reminded of the story of Sir Edmund Hillary that I was going to tell back at Mauna Kea, Menehune Slay Sir Charles Again post.
Some of you may know that I enjoy the occasional puzzle competition.
It didn't take long for me to solve, and as a result I was able to meet the legend and obtain this nice artifact, which has stayed with the St. John Smythe caravan lo these many moons.
There was a recent birthday of the Official Breathing Partner, who somehow becomes more awesome with every passing year. Forty-fine ooh la la!
Did I ever mention our sort-of pets, the cricket family? Somebody may be able to tell me why
they do not chirp. They may be an example of indoor, domesticated evolution. I really have no idea. I am told that in Japan or Vietnam or somewhere, they are considered to be good luck. And so we watch the babies grow. Maybe they move out eventually, because it's not like they are multiplying in the house.
Yesterday I went and got a cheap mirror from that orange store, last mentioned in the unexpectedly awesome weekend post,
that I can put at the bottom of the pool so I can check my form while doing my ridiculous tethered swim workout. I'm sorry if you think less of me for this prime piece of geekitude. I think I can understand it, though.
I've been on call the past few days.
We have a very unusual canine, Kona, who likes to attack lawnmower wheels, but only when the engine is running and the whirling blades are millimeters away. It's always the left front wheel too. Unwise!
No comments:
Post a Comment