Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Tour of Missouri
Sept. 12, 2007

It's not often that our humble but worthy small metropolis has the opportunity to host an big-league event. One of those opportunities was today, when the heavy hitters from Discovery Channel's legendary cycling team rolled through town, as well as many other amazing riders from great teams, with a stage finish in the first Tour of Missouri. I don't know whether this event will survive the vicissitudes of the modern sports marketplace or not, but our one day of glory in the sun was nearly unbeatable.


We got our own plaque at the finish line! Check out the jumbotron. There were huge screens everywhere.


Coach Eric and I do NOT like cheaters. Naughty-naughty.




Cycling fans are awesome!




Big George Hincapie won the race. An exciting sprint after a successful 11-man breakaway. Cycling is kind of difficult to watch from the finish line. It's all over in milliseconds.


The press loves Big George! He will probably win the Tour of MO, because the ones that finished with him on this stage so far ahead of the others are not really considered so great in the time trial, which is a different kind of stage that take place tomorrow. In Branson. That should be interesting.

I think this is Levi Leipheimer who finished third in the Tour de France. Regrettably the maillot jaune of that race, Alberto Contador, escaped my camera. He is not either of the other Discovery riders in the photo.




Cheers from the blog of Sir Charles at mid week. There may be stories to tell from a race of my own this weekend, a road trip for the Official Triathlon Club. If our last adventure at a race coinciding with Cinco de Mayo is any indication, things might get a little interesante.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I simply could not take this any longer. I had to comment. And I will continue to comment until I get satisfaction.

Anonymous said...

I am going to comment and comment until my commenter is sore and I just caint comment no mo'