26 March 2007
Yesterday I'm out on the club ride with my estimable coach Eric (that Washington Husky down there). No ride would be complete without a photo dontcha know.
So I'm chatting with Da Coach about this humble blog and how I was too embarassed to include a story in the IM Hawaii post that started my whole blog thing and the literary effluvium that has followed. It has been a year and a half now. I think I'm pretty much past it. So I have amended the first blog post below, if you care. It's down there in "The Bike Ride" section.In June I'll be back on the Big Island for another big race. Sure, go ahead, say it. Menehune bait, why would you be such an idiot as to go back there? This is a pretty good question that I hadn't really thought through prior to signing up. This time I will have my Navajo copper "strength" medallion.
Awesome Breathing Partner assures me menehune will quake with fear. Probably I should not tip my hand. Menehune might be reading this. Really, though, I think they have moved on after torturing me. Probably they're working over some poor soul who took some lava rocks home after their vacation. Speaking of vacation, we got that thing on our trip to Santa Fe in December. While there we were caught in the storm of the proverbial century and pretty much had enough of snow for a lifetime.
Today we went for a ride with Youngest Progeny and took the obligatory picture.

One final, unconnected note about the blogging process. Someone, and you know who you are, has promised to bury me in a heap of comments. This is something Your Humble Bloggist has been waiting for. Comments are valuable. Someone, and again you know who you are, commented on one of my race photos. Well, not technically a race photo of me, but in actuality some beefcake dude who is looking down coming out of the water whose photo I picked out of the "unidentifiable" stack after a race because I didn't really like how stupid mine looked. Well, it didn't take long to be called out. I post the photo and comment here.

Here is a photo of my actual biceps.
And yes they are really that eensy and yes I really am a guy, although Youngest Progeny never hesistates to remind how I do not have "manly" arms. So no, of course that guy in the photo is not me. Right. Enough about that. Why don't you go read about my fall off the bike in Hawaii?
No comments:
Post a Comment